It’s that time of year again. We all long for more out-of-doors time in the summer. This year, more than ever will show record business to anyone with a property to rent out. If you didn’t make a reservation early, you may be out of luck.
The good news? Most people with cottages find it easier to do their entertaining at the cottage where there are lots of outdoor activites and the meal planning is easy. Expectations are simpler. Throw something on the barbeque and toss a salad – right? Well, firstly, the best way to ingratiate yourself is to bring a meal so the cottage-owner doesn’t have to lift a finger. Sound good?
I’ve got you covered with some great gift ideas that your host will appreciate.
*** My standard disclaimer: Please note, some of these items may be offered through affiliate links which means I could get a small commission if you order. That will never influence what I find lovely and want to share with you. I always offer suggestions I would buy for my home or recommend to a client. Also, rest assured it won’t affect the price you would otherwise pay.
Here are a few tips: Try and find something unique and personal that every cottage needs, but is a bit of a splurge. I always think the best gifts are those thoughtful items we see, that we might never buy for ourselves.
Here’s a guide to get you thinking:
- Choose an item for a gift that is functional, but they don’t have
- Bring an item that adds to the cabin decor
- Give them something that helps make meal prep easy
- Beach towels – there are just never enough!
- A water toy the entire family can enjoy
- Cocktail mixes that make entertaining easy
- Table-ware and serving pieces that every cottage needs
- Cozy pendleton blankets
- Entertaiment, games and puzzles for those rainy days
- Bring dinner!
First up, some ideas to up your style game for the cottage. Don’t be fooled, some are pricey but some are great sale prices!
- Acrylic drink dispenser
- Wicker and leather tray
- Throw blanket for cool nights
- Melamine platter
- Outdoor wine bar set
- Colourful acrylic backgammon set
- Striped Turkish lightweight towels
- Hammered acrylic lowball glasses (set of 4)
- Multi-stripe beach towels
Next, a few things that will always be appreciated by the grilling afficionado.
- Veggie Roasting Drizzlers, Set of 3
- Cedar Plank, Set of 4
- Rabbit Freezable Beer Glasses, Set of 2
- Emile Henry French Ceramic Pizza Stone
- Wüsthof BBQ Tools Set
- What’s Gaby Cooking Mini Rub Set
- Adjustable Nonstick Burger Press
…lastly, some things to entertain the young and the young-at-heart, rain or shine!
- Classic Jenga
- Franklin Sports Recreational Badminton Set
- Throw Throw Burrito (by Exploding Kittens)
- Exploding Kittens (our family fav)
- Franklin Sports Horseshoes Set
- Capture The Flag Redux: The Original Glow-in-The-Dark Outdoor Game
So there you have some great ideas.
ps. if you plan to invite me please let me know what your favourite is.
pps I’ll bring dinner or wine, or both!